Monday, January 13, 2014

22 little annoying things

Someone recently shared a blog post with me, “22 Little Things My Husband Does That Annoy The Crap Out of Me”.

I got to thinking, and made a slightly different list.

22 Little Annoying Things I do that Probably Annoy the Crap out of my Family:

1.  This is how I park my car-

2.  I need downtime like creatures need hibernation.

3.  Bubble gum popping literally hurts my ears, poor kids miss out on this pleasure when I'm around. 

4.  I follow my kid’s friends on Instragram, and I make comments to them like, “Cute pic!”

5.  Unless I have an appointment, I usually don’t shower.

6.  I still worry my teens will choke on apple slices or tortilla chips.  And when I see a jawbreaker, I panic.

7.  I ask my husband if he has brushed his teeth before we go out.  He is a dentist.

8.  I don’t know my way around a kindle, printer, or remote. 

9.  Ever since I saw a black widow in our garage, I remind my family to check their bike helmets for spiders.  (I knew you'd see this one my way).

10.  I always throw a bit of guilt into the enjoyment of white bread and brightly colored processed treats.

11.  Even though my kids are old enough to swallow adult Advil, I will wrestle them to apply their sunblock.

12.  I have Pre-Event Anxiety Disorder.  I was diagnosed by a friend who recognized the signs.  My biggest trigger is hosting a large party at my house.  

13.  I am a product of the 70s.  If it's yellow, I let it mellow.

14.  I force fun upon my kids and suggest activities like nature hikes.

15.  When my husband says something sweet like, “You’re so awesome”, I often respond by saying, “I know.”

16.  I am germ aware (as opposed to germ phobic).  And I will hold a grudge if the kids forget to wash their hands before eating.  Mostly because I reminded them 2 minutes ago.

17.  I’d buy a bumper sticker that read, “Maybe You Should Just Take a Nap”.

18.  I am always worried about kids being too cold.  Not just my own kids, all kids.

19.  People probably wonder if my husband is single because I only attend half of the social engagements we are invited to.

20.  I’m over camping.  I don’t want a rough adventure on vacation.  It is a thrill beyond measure to enter a minimalist hotel room, have someone make my bed for me, and cozy up under tight sheets.  I'd rather wake up under a high thread count than stars.  

21.  I am into eye contact and all things feelings.

22.  I've come to a point where I’d rather have a good therapy session than new winter boots.

As I read this list to my family their heads nodded in unison.  And they were just a little too enthusiastic about adding to the list, before I decided to walk out of the room.  To make them lunch. 






5 comments:

Judy said...

Sweet Melissa, I had no idea how much we have in common. Makes me wish we'd spent time together when we lived there. I'm looking forward to reading your blog!

Unknown said...

#7 sooo funny.. i love your blog..nice to know there are off center people besides me

Melissa Perry said...

I've felt the same way Judy :)

Melissa Perry said...

"off center" has had me smiling since I read it, thank you!

Roca Family said...

The way you park your car .........LMBO awesome :)