Monday, December 9, 2013

Paris is a State of Mind

She's crafty...

Actually she's not crafty, but sometimes she can pull something together and even impress herself! Voila! (In the About Me section I asked for forgiveness with typos and such.  I need it now for my missing grave accent.  I spent time trying combinations of keys but couldn't figure it out so pardonnez-moi, and merci.)

My husband and I went to Paris several months ago.  While I was cleaning house I came across the map we used to get around.  Yes, we're old school like that.  I didn't want to hang on to the entire map as a keepsake but I didn't want to give it away either, so I framed an area of the map that was special to us.  Then, I added the patch I bought during a last minute I-can't-get-enough-of-Paris tourist shop visit.  

Just the other day, I overheard a jewelry commercial.  The catch phrase was "Paris is a state of mind."  So I thought about that.  

I was only in Paris for 8 days but I'm very observant, so here's my list of 10 ways to be in a Paris state of mind:

1-Don't carry a Starbucks cup around.

2-Only use your cell phone for phoning and don't even do that.

3-Less is more in the make-up department.

4-Wear nice shoes and don't worry about comfort because that's so American.

5-Fall in love with yourself everyday. NO!  EVERY HOUR!  Seriously, ADORE the heck out of yourself.  Every. Single. Inch and cell.  Let the assurance of your own self worth radiate from the inside out.

6-Contemplate the word "sensuous" and let it become synonymous with life.

7-Don't waste time and personal energy trying to prove you are the nicest, friendliest and most charming person anyone has ever met.  Be kind, assume others know you have a good nature and move on.

8-Slow it ALL down and get comfortable connecting through conversation.

9-And now, the hardest one....ready?.....stay strong.....Don't wear work-out clothes or denim.  Dress yourself as if you are participating in the artistry of life.

10-Wear scarves.  They are practical and flattering.

Au revoir! 


P.S.  Please don't hold back, add to this list.  My Mom and I are the only ones who read the blog anyway. 






5 comments:

Kara Elmore said...

Ohhh no my dear **I** read this blog as well! And let me add to this thought .... because I was SOOOO enthralled with this post! A few years ago I saw the show "under the Tuscan sun" and at the time, I was struggling with living in Utah. :) And I wondered WHY I loved this show??? Then it dawned on me ... she learned to relax and be and live and love and love HERSELF and think that SHE was great! And YES she lived in an AMAZING place ... but understanding that **I** could do that too, even living in an area where there are LOTS of "me's!" SO THANK YOU for this lovely post .... because I'd like to think that I, too, can be in Paris when I live in Clinton, Utah. :) xoxoxoxo

Melissa Perry said...

Thanks Kara, I really want to see that movie now!

Kelli40love said...

Love your list! Congrats on the blog! xo

Melissa Perry said...

Thanks Kelli!

Unknown said...

Good advice